A REPORT ON MARKETING STRATEGIES FOLLOWED BY AMBUJA CEMENTS
Submitted by: HARSHAD NITIN LUNAVAT
ROLL NO: 2011089
Cement industry does not have a large product mix and same applies for Ambuja Cements. The product mix can be classified on the basis of the types of cement available.
Types of cement
Produced at Ambuja Cements are:
* Mortar Cement
* Portland Pozzolano cement (PPC) - PPC is manufactured by blending a mixture of ordinary portland cement and pozzolana materials such as fly ash, in proportions not less than 15 per cent and not over 35 per cent by weight of cement. The Portland Pozzolana Cement is ideally suited for the following construction viz. Hydraulic structures, Mass concreting works.
* Ordinary Portland cement (OPC) (GRADE-43, GRADE-53, GRADE- 33)
* The 43 grade OPC is the most popular general-purpose cement in the country today. The production of 43 grade OPC is nearly 50% of the total production of cement in the country.
* The 43 grade OPC can be used for following applications:
* General Civil Engineering construction work
* RCC works(preferably where grade of concrete is up to M-30)
* Precast items such as blocks, tiles, pipes etc
* Asbestos products such as sheets and pipes
* Non-structural works such as plastering, flooring etc.
* White Cement
PPC is manufactured by blending a mixture of ordinary portland cement and pozzolana materials such as fly ash, in proportions not less than 15 per cent and not over 35 per cent by weight of cement. It is sold in packets of different quantities:
OPC contains a mixture of portland clinker and gypsum ground to a very fine powder.
About 75% of all the cement produced goes into ready-mix concrete, which is used for buildings, bridges, sidewalks, walls and all types of structures. The rest is used for building...