1. Shovels and Shingles is a small construction company consisting of 12 computers that have Internet access.
For this scenario, I would implement Software controls. With software controls you can determine who has the appropriate permissions to access the 12 computers.
2. Top Ads is a small advertising company consisting of 12 computers that have Internet Access. All employees communicate using smart phones.
I would again implement Software controls. With software controls you can determine who has the appropriate permissions to access the 12 computers as well as the smartphones that will be used.
3. NetSecIT is a multinational IT services company consisting of 120,000 computers that have Internet access and 45,000 servers. All employees communicate smartphones and email. Many employees work from home and travel extensively.
Software controls for computers and smartphones, but I would also apply Logical/technical controls to provent human error for when employees work from home. Also Physical controls to protect the room the servers will be placed in.
4. Backordered Parts is a defense contractor that builds communications parts for the military. All employees communicate using smartphones and email.
I would apply Physical controls to protect the parts as well as Software controls for the smartphone and email use.
5. Confidential Services Inc. is a military-support branch consisting of 14,000,000 computers with Internet access and 250,000 servers. All employees must have security clearances, and they communicate mainly using BlackBerry devices and email.
For this scenario I implemented Administrative controls to assign security clearances to the appropriate employees. Logical/technical controls as well as Software for the BlackBerry and computer use. I would also apply Physical controls to...