Addressing International and Ethical Issues
Addressing International and Ethical IssuesAddressing International Legal and Ethical Issues Simulation Summary
• What are the issues involved in resolving legal disputes in international transactions?
Resolving legal disputes in international transactions should have an international arbitration for resolving disputes internationally. There should be a legal backing to enforce contracts with cross-border multi-jurisdiction transactions. Thus, a dispute resolution clause should be added just in case there are any infractions that state a method of a resolution, such as arbitration or litigation, procedures, and jurisdiction of the courts.
• What are some practical considerations of taking legal action against a foreign business partner based in another country?
There should be consideration for the laws of the other country or countries that foreign business is conducted. The laws in another country does not hold up in the United States as well as the laws of the United States will not hold up in a foreign land.
• What factors could work against CadMex's decision to grant sublicensing agreements?
When sublicensing agreements, what could work against CadMex is lawsuits could start to accumulate because of the negligence of a third party. If a worker does wrong, damage property, or does something outside of the agreement, this would make the main company liable for this negligence.
• When the local customs and laws conflict with the customs and laws of an organization operating abroad, which should prevail? Explain why.
The local and customs and laws conflicting with the customs and laws of the organization operating abroad, the laws in which the company is operating in should prevail. An example is if a company has a chain of stores in different countries, they must abide and comply with the laws that prevail in that particular land, in that jurisdiction.
• How would you compare the issues in this simulation to the domestic legal issues discussed in your Week...