In this course, you will write a 1,050- to 1,400-word Continuing Academic Success essay, due in Week 5.This essay will help you will apply what you learned in this course and take responsibility for your success in your education and your career. Review the requirements for that assignment.
This week, using the Center for Writing Excellence resources, provide your thesis statement and begin creating the informal outline for your Continuing Academic Success essay assignment. Include the following in the outline this week:
• The benefit of creating educational goals, including at least one educational goal you set for yourself
• Your personal learning style, as well as how knowing your learning style can help you be successful as you move through your program and career
• How the writing process can help you advance your education and career
• Which resources, inside and outside of the university, you can use to help you reach your goals and make you more successful
• An explanation of the importance of academic integrity
Continuing academic success is important to acquire an advantage in the work place and instill personal pride by advancing academically and in everyday life.
1. The benefit of creating academic goals
a. Helps achieve goals
b. Reduces extra distraction
c. I want to become better at creative writing
2. Visual and Physical learning style
a. Learning by using pictures, images and working with your body
b. Knowing your style of learning helps you be successful