1. Frozen Food Markets and Consumption
SOURCE - “Global Frozen Food Market Analysis By Products Type And By Geography - Trends And Forecasts (2010 – 2015)” - http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/global-frozen-and-convenience-food-market-advanced-technologies-and-global-market-130.html
* is a study of global frozen food and beverage market. This report analyses the global frozen foods market on the basis of various products such as fruits and vegetables, soups, fish, meat and ready meals such as frozen pizza, frozen desserts, snacks and pasta. The ready meals segment accounts for the highest share (40%) in the overall frozen food segment.
* Europe is the largest consumer of frozen foods while ROW segment is expected to have the highest growth rate due to the emergence of Australia, Brazil and Argentina as the new frozen food markets.
* Convenience is driving the frozen food market sales globally. Consumers are looking forward for a healthy and less time-consuming meals .The presence of private labels act as a major challenge for the international brands to enter and establish themselves in the regional market.
* The global frozen foods market was estimated to be $218.41 billion in 2010 and is expected to grow to $261.50 billion in 2015 at an estimated CAGR of 3.7% for the same period.
* Frozen ready meals accounted for the largest market share in 2010 due to their wide product range, which includes frozen pizza, entrées, desserts, snacks, etc. Frozen potato products are expected to witness the highest CAGR from 2010 to 2015.
* The frozen ready meals segment is expected to show major growth in the U.S. market at 4.1% CAGR = Compounded Annual Growth rate (CAGR)
* Market is highly fragmented with the top players together accounting for less than 20%. A large number of companies hold significant shares in their respective local markets. However, at the global level, their share is very low.