Apple iPhone 5s Marketing Communications Campaigns
1.Apple Brand : Background
• To create things that are a pleasure to use as well as being visually attractive and technologically innovative (hellotank.com)
• Steve Jobs as CEO pushed Apple forward by breaking new ground and changing the way we live in the developed world.
• Apple remains a leader in innovation with a loyal customer following.
• The brand helped the company to generate $40 in profit in 2012.
• According to Forbes, a brand can be rated by its financial value and consumer loyalty putting it in number 1 position.
• The brand is worth $87.1 billion- 59% more than its closest rival Microsoft.
• 1976 Founded by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak with just $1,300,
• 1980 Apple was floated onto the stock market
• 1982 Apple’s sales reached $1 billion a year
• 1991 PowerBook line of notebook computers was released.
• 1994 Power Macintosh line was released.
• 1997 Steve Jobs was brought back to Apple and named interim chief executive officer.
• 1998 iMac was released.
• 2000 Steve Jobs, firmly in command as CEO.
• 2001 The iPod was launched Apple opened its first retail store in Virginia
• 2005 Video iPod, the fifth generation of the device, was released and pushed total iPod unit sales to 30 million.
• 2007 First version of the iPhone became available
• 2008 iPhone 3G was launched
• 2010 iPhone 4 and the iPad was launched
• 2011 iPad 2 was launched
• 2012 iPhone 5 was launched
2. Promotional activities iPhone 5
Apple created a media buzz and...