1. Name at least five applications and tools pre-loaded on the TargetWindows01 server desktop, and identify whether that application starts as a service on the system or must be run manually.
WINDOWS APPLICATION LOADED STARTS AS SERVICE Y/N
1. ❑ Yes ❑ No
2. ❑ Yes ❑ No
3. ❑ Yes ❑ No
4. ❑ Yes ❑ No
5. ❑ Yes ❑ No
2. What was the allocated source IP host address for the TargetWindows01 server, TargetUbuntu01 server,and the IP default gateway router?
• The source IP host address was 172.30.0.8 but the IP default gateway was 172.30.0.1
3. Did the targeted IP hosts respond to the ICMP echo-request packet with an ICMP echo-reply packet when you initiated the “ping” command at your DOS prompt? If yes, how many ICMP echo-request packets were sent back to the IP source?
• Yes the host sent a response, and there were 4 responses.
4. If you ping the TargetWindows01 server and the UbuntuTarget01 server, which fields in the ICMP
• The TTL changes from 64 to 128.
5. What is the command line syntax for running an “Intense Scan” with Zenmap on a target subnet of
• nmap -T4 -A -v -PE -PS22,25,80 -PA21,23,80,3389 18.104.22.168/24
6. Name at least five different scans that may be performed from the Zenmap GUI. Document under what circumstances you would choose to run those particular scans.
• Intense Scan
• Quick Scan
• Ping Scan
• Regular Scan
• Quick Trace Route
7. How many different tests (i.e., scripts) did your “Intense Scan” definition perform? List them all after
reviewing the scan report.
8. Describe what each of these tests or scripts performs within the Zenmap GUI (Nmap) scan report.
9. How many total IP hosts (not counting Cisco device interfaces) did Zenmap GUI...