Lab 1 Questions for Fundamentals of Information Systems Security
Lab 1 Questions for Fundamentals of Information Systems SecurityLab 1 Assessment Questions
1. Name at least five applications and tools pre-loaded on the Windows 2003 Server Target VM and identify whether that application starts as a service on the system or must be run manually?
Windows Applications Loaded | Starts as Service Y/N |
FileZila Server | Y |
Nmap | N |
WireShark | N |
WinPcap | N |
Tenable Network Security | N |
Tftpd32-SE | N |
2. What was the DHCP allocated source IP host address for the Student VM, DHCP Server, and IP default gateway router?
a. Student – 10.96.108.20
b. TargetWindows01 – 10.96.109.30
c. TargetUbunto01 – 10.96.109.36
d. TargetUbuntu02 – 10.96.109.40
3. Did the targeted IP host respond to the ICMP echo-request packet with an ICMP echo-reply packet when you initiated the “ping” command at your DOS prompt? If yes, how many ICMP echo-request packets were sent back to the IP source?
4. If you ping the “WindowsTarget01” VM server and the “UbuntuTarget01” VM server, which fields in the ICMP echo-request / echo-plies vary?
g. The TTL on Windows was 128 while on Ubuntu the TTL was 64.
5. What is the command line syntax for running an “Intense Scan” with ZenMap on a target subnet of 172.30.0.0/24?
h. Nmap –T4 –A –V –PE –PS22, 25, 80 –PA21, 23, 80, 3389 10.96.109.30
6. Name at least 5 different scans that may be performed from the ZenMap GUI and document under what circumstances you would choose to run those particular scans.
i. Ping Scan
j. Quick Scan
k. Intense Scan
l. Regular Scan
m. Intense Scan, No Ping
7. How many different tests did your “Intense Scan” definition perform? List them all after reviewing the scan report.
8. Describe what each of these tests or scripts performs within the ZenMap GUI (Nmap) scan report.
r. Nbstat gets the NetBIOS name, NetBIOS User, and...