Lab 7 Risk Management in It
Lab 7 Risk Management in It-------------------------------------------------
Transforming to an E-Business Model
This project provides you an opportunity to assume a specific role in a business situation. You then apply the competencies gained in this course to develop a solution for a business problem related to an organization’s transformation to an e-business model.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
You will be able to:
* Gain an overall understanding of an e-business transformation capitalizing on the advent of the Internet technologies and Web applications in a specific business situation.
* Summarize your understanding of implementing social networking applications into an e-business model capitalizing on the advent of Internet technologies and Web applications in a specific business situation.
* Summarize your understanding of identifying risks, threats, and vulnerabilities relating to Web and social networking applications in an e-business transformation.
* Identify various weaknesses in Web site applications.
* Understand the life cycle of software development and how security can fit into the model.
* Identify the need for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance within an organization.
* Identify various open source and proprietary tools used in Web application security assessment and vulnerability scanning.
* Identify the available mobile communication devices and the security risks associated with each type of device.
Required Source Information and Tools
The following tools and resources will be needed to complete this project:
* Course textbook
* Access to the Internet
Activity Name | Assigned | Due | % Grade |
Project Part 1: Identify E-Business and E-Commerce Web Apps for Planned Transformation | Unit 1 | Unit 2 | 2 |
Project Part 2: Identify Social Networking Apps for Planned Transformation | Unit 2 | Unit 3 | 2 |
Project Part 3: Identify Risks, Threats, and...