Laundry Flow Chart
Laundry Flow ChartDesign a Flowchart for a Process
• Select a process that you do every day but would like to spend less time doing, such as driving to work.
I have selected the process of laundering as illustration of flow chart.
• Design a flowchart using an appropriate tool. The instructor is more concerned with your ability to explain how process design works and why it’s valuable than with fancy graphics
I have used the features of Microsoft Word to design the flowchart.
Flowcharts are valuable than fancy graphics as it represents the systematic flow of logic to all the involved members in effective manner. It can also be referred again and again to understand the system as documentation allows keeping the blueprint of design for analysis in the development of system.
• Comment on the factors that affect the process design.
The factors that affect the process of design in laundering are right temperature, quality of cloths and adequate water in the tub. It acts as decisive factor is execution of steps.
Following are the steps involved in laundering the cloths:
(1) Sort the cloths for white, bright and dark colors.
(2) Check the pockets of sorted cloths and empty it.
(3) Read the product label to follow the instructions.
(4) Measure the right amount of detergent.
(5) Pour the detergent into washer.
(6) If liquid fabric softener is required, add it else go to step 7.
(7) Choose the water temperature as per instruction of washing machine instruction.
(8) If cloths are sensitive to temperature, then go to step 9 else go to step 12.
(9) Select cold water.
(10) If cloths are durable fabrics like cotton, then go to step 11 else go to step 12.
(11) Select hot water.
(12) Choose the laundry cycle.
(13) If it is delicate fabrics, then go to step 14 else go to step 15.
(14) Select gentle cycle.
(15)Select Regular cycle.
(16) Adjust the water level as per load.
(17) Upload the cloth in the machine, close...