Part One: Answer the following questions in detail:
1. How can a decision maker identify strategic factors in a corporations’ international environment?
2. Compare and contrast trend extrapolation with the writing of scenarios as forecasting techniques. (Support your answer with an example)
3. How might a firm’s management decide whether it should continue to invest in familiar technology or in new but untested technology? What factors might encourage or discourage such a shift? (Support your answer with an example)
4. In what ways can a corporation’s structure and culture create internal strengths or weaknesses? (Give examples)
5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a first mover in an industry? (Give some examples of first mover and late mover firms)
6. Is it possible for a company or business unit to follow a cost leadership strategy and a differentiation strategy simultaneously? Why or why not?
7. How should a corporation attempt to achieve synergy among functions and business units? (Support your answer with an example)
8. How can a corporation keep from sliding into the decline stage of the organizational life cycle? (Support your answer with an example)
9. What are some ways to implement a retrenchment strategy without creating a lot of resentment and conflict with labor unions?
10. Is the evaluation and control process appropriate for a corporation that emphasizes on creativity? Are control and creativity compatible? Elaborate
How can the corporate culture be changed? Present your answer in the format of a plan emphasizing on the following points:
3. Time frame
Upon the execution of the plan, what are the expected success criteria that you will use in measuring and evaluating your plan? Explain each criterion in detail...