1) Why is the CPU the most important component in a computer?
The CPU is the most important component in a computer because without it, the computer could not run software.
2) What number does a bit that is turned on represent? What number does a bit that is turned off represent?
The number zero represents a bit that is turned off or has a negative charge.
The number one represents a bit that is turned on of has a positive charge.
3) What would you call a device that works with binary data?
Digital device is any device that works with binary data.
4) What are the words that make up a high-level programming language called?
The words that make up a high-level programming language are known as key words or reserved words.
5) What are the short words that are used in assembly language called?
Assembly language uses short words that are known as Mnemonics.
6) What is the difference between a compiler and an interpreter?
A compiler is a program that translates a high-level language program into a separate machine language program. An interpreter is a program that both translates and executes the instructions in high-level language program.
7) What type of software controls the internal operations of the computer’s hardware?
An operating system is the most fundamental set of programs on a computer which controls the internal operations of the computer’s hardware, manages all of the devices connected to the computer, allows data to be saved to and retrieved from storage devices, and allows other programs to run on the computer....