Advantages and disadvantages of living in a joint family
A joint family was a phenomena found only in India of the bygone days. This really meant that, the parents with all their children and grandchildren stayed together under one single roof.
This system could prevail for decades for several reasons. First and foremost, all the children stayed in the same town as, no one went out of the town to another distant town in search of a job. This made it possible for all children to remain in town, and that also in the same house. Secondly, and more importantly, the sons and daughters-in-law were all treated as one family.
* you get complete support of family members when ever needed, your children will not left out alone at home when you go for a job, you can share your joys and sorrows with them.
* the only drawback of joint family is that you don't get that much freedom and privacy as you can get in nuclear family. you cant hide anything as u r in joint family ..what ever u want to keep secret....everyone can find that..so no privacy.
* Another benefit, we don't have to ask for help from others if all family members are living together.
Each and every person will share their opinions and take a good decision.
* no independent decision making....
* One may enjoy a joint family if there is a good thinking among the members of the family. if not it becomes very hard to sustain the joint family as there will be discrimination arising.
So basic pillar of joint family is to have healthy and selfless moral values for all members.
Also it must be controlled by an unquestionable head to take the decisions for improving the living.
In a joint family-one always gets guidance from elderly. They are more experienced. They can take care of grandchildren in a proper way rather than depending on a maid
There will always be a generation gap &…...