Business and Management
Submitted By sooknanan
2. Again, review the DFDs you developed for the Petrie's Electronics case. (I have placed the level 1 diagrams in the Project Workbook - Week 3 folder in doc sharing, use your homework solution for the Record Customer Activities level 1) .
Use these DFDs to identify the attributes of each of the six entities listed in this case, using Figure PE Figure 7-1; I have also placed the Visio diagram in doc sharing, Project Workbook - Week 4).
Write an unambiguous definition for each attribute. Then, redraw PE Figure 7-1 by placing the six (and additional) entities in this case on the diagram along with their associated attributes.
List at least 2 attributes for each of the six entities and describe then in a short sentence or bullet statement. Then redraw PE Fig 7-1 to look like figure 7-21.
1. PROMOTION_ID- PROMOTION CODE PROVIDED BY COMPANY
2. PROMOTION_AMOUNT- PROMOTION AMOUNT FOR THE CODE
1. AMT_POINTS- THE AMOUNT OF POINTS THE CLIENT HAS
2. COUPON_ID DISCOUNT CODE OFFERED BY THE COMPANY
1. ONLINE_NAME- LOG IN OR USER NAME
2. CUSTOMER_NUMBER- REWARDS CARD NUMBER FOR IN STORE SHOPPERS
1. SERVICE_ID- SERVICE IDENTIFIER FOR SERVICE RENDERED
2. STORE_JOB- -STORE PROVIDING SERVICES
1. TRANSACTION ID- ID FOR TRANSACTION TYPE
2. TRANSACTION_TYPE_ TYPE OF TRANSACTION BEING PRERFORMED
1. PRODUCT_ID- PRODUCT NAME
2. PRODUCT_QUANTITY-AMOUNT OF PRODUCTS NEEDED
3. Using your answer to Question 2, designate which attribute or attributes form the identifier for each entity type. Explain why you chose each identifier.
Look in the book for the definition of an identifier – an attribute that will make each entity unique (sometimes called candidates Key or primary keys; ie student ID etc). Pick an identifier for each of the six entities that will make them unique.…...