Emoloyee Health & Safety at Tata
Business and Management
Submitted By akash1710
The Occupational Safety and Health Act and OSHA require employers to furnish employees a place of employment free from recognized hazards that are causing or likely to cause death or serious physical harm. The Commonwealth of Kentucky has adopted a State Plan OSHA program [the Kentucky Occupational Safety and Health (KOSH) Program (KRS 338)] and is responsible for the enforcement of occupational safety and health standards in Kentucky. The KOSH Program incorporates by reference the safety and health standards promulgated in 29 CFR 1910 (General Industry) and 29 CFR 1926 (Construction). To comply with KRS 18A.110(7)(i), the Secretary of the Personnel Cabinet promulgated 101 KAR 2:150, “State Safety Program,” for the development, operation, and enforcement of programs to improve work safety. The Personnel Cabinet’s Commonwealth of Kentucky Safety and Health Manual expresses and summarizes the state’s Safety and Health Program.
KYTC management shall:
* Ensure that safety and health policies, procedures, goals, and objectives are effectively communicated to all affected employees.
* Assure their actions abide by KYTC’s Safety and Health Program.
* Fairly and firmly enforce established policies and procedures by granting appropriate authority and responsibility, as deemed necessary to effectively manage the Safety and Health Program.
* Hold supervisors and employees responsible and accountable for their actions and adherence to the Safety and Health Program.
* Never direct or cause to be directed any activity, task, or operation known to be unsafe.
Supervisors are designated as the competent persons to be responsible for worker safety within the...