Higher Education Commission
Short-Term Foreign Faculty Hiring Program (Phase -III)
Terms of References
Short term hiring program is initiated by Higher Education Commission Islamabad to induct highly qualified research scientist and scholars to provide quality education to the students of Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. Programmes and to enhance R&D activities in the Universities / Degree Awarding Institutions and affiliated institutions with HEC recognized Educational Institutions.
• To establish a long term research collaboration between Pakistani and foreign universities
• To assist establishing research centers in various disciplines
• Provide training to the faculty members
• Guidance to graduate students (PhD, Mphil, MS) in their research
• Conducting workshops and seminars on cutting edge technologies
• Teach Advance courses at graduate levels
Eligibility Criteria for Selection of Visiting Foreign Professor:
• Applicant must hold PhD degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized universities/ institutes.
• Applicant must commit to come for at least one semester (i.e.3 to 4 ½ months) which will be extendable to another semester only upon the consent of HEC and host institution.
• Applications will be facilitated in all disciplines; from any nationality except from Indian or Israel nationality.
• Applicant must hold job/ teaching position in foreign institution/ university/ organization and at least two year Post-doctorate foreign experience.
• Applicant must have good academic and publication record.
• Applicant is expected to have excellent verbal and written English language skills.
• Special waiver of PhD degree to the applicants belonging to clinical medical sciences (who hold terminal degree of MRCP, FRCS (UK)or Diplomat American Board), Fine Arts, Architecture…...