Gm520 Week 2 Assignment Paper
Business and Management
Submitted By dhivyaa13b
1. State the administrative agency which controls the regulation. Explain why this agency and your proposed regulation interest you (briefly). Will this proposed regulation affect you or the business in which you are working? If so, how?
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) issued a new Scientific Integrity Policy to safeguard the quality and integrity of the Agency's scientific and scholarly activities. This agency is made for the International Development and is in favor of the people around the world which makes me glad and this fact interests me. This proposed regulation will not be affecting me or my work place. It would be a general public benefit which would make everyone feel at ease.
2. Describe the proposal/change.
Spurred by a 2009 directive from President Obama and subsequent guidance from the White House, this policy articulates the principles regarding how scientific and scholarly activities are supported and carried out, and how research findings are used and disseminated.
Specifically, the policy outlines guiding principles for the entire Agency that will:
• Protect the scientific process from misconduct and from inappropriate influence;
• Promote access to scientific and technical information;
• Maintain a highly skilled technical and scientific staff;
• Convene and use federal advisory committees ethically and transparently; and,
• Ensure quality, methodological rigor, and ethical standards in all USAID-funded research activities.
Many of these principles already align with the high integrity that USAID staff maintain when conducting scholarly activities. The intention of this policy is to capture and employ these best practices throughout the Agency and introduce new ways that USAID can enhance the use of science for development.
"As the lead international development agency for the United…...