1. Name at least five applications and tools pre-loaded on the TargetWindows01 server desktop, and identify whether that application starts as a service on the system or must be run manually.
Windows application loaded sTarTs as service Y/n
1. q Yes q No adobe reader
2. q Yes Wireshark q No
3. q Yes q No Nessus
4. q Yes q No Firefox
5. q Yes Nmap q No
2. What was the allocated source IP host address for the TargetWindows01 server, TargetUbuntu01 server, and the IP default gateway router? IP default 172.30.0.8 server 14147
LAb #1 – ASSESSMENT WORKSHEET
Assessment Worksheet 15
38351_LB01_Pass4.indd 15 23/04/13 10:02 PM
3. Did the targeted IP hosts respond to the ICMP echo-request packet with an ICMP echo-reply packet when you initiated the “ping” command at your DOS prompt? If yes, how many ICMP echo-request packets were sent back to the IP source? Yes it did I got four back
4. If you ping the TargetWindows01 server and the UbuntuTarget01 server, which fields in the ICMP echo-request/echo-replies vary? The TTL changes from 64 to 128
5. What is the command line syntax for running an “Intense Scan” with Zenmap on a target subnet of 172.30.0.0/24? nmap -T4 -A -v -PE -PS22,25,80 -PA21,23,80,3389 172.30.0.0/24
6. Name at least five different scans that may be performed from the Zenmap GUI. Document under what circumstances you would choose to run those particular scans.
Intense Scan-Complete Nmap report about all of the host discovered on the network including open ports and operating system type and network distance covered.
Ping Scan-Host Availability and mac address.
Slow comprehensive Scan-
16 Lab #1 | Perform Reconnaissance and Probing Using Zenmap GUI (Nmap)
38351_LB01_Pass4.indd 16 23/04/13 10:02 PM
Perform Reconnaissance and Probing Using Zenmap GUI (Nmap)
7. How many different…...