Mbv Hmnb Ghm
English and Literature
Submitted By karthic
TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
NOTIFICATION NO: 14/2013
DATED: 05.09.2013 to the
Applications are invited only through online mode upto 04.10.2013 for direct recruitment
vacancies for the year 2013-14 in the following posts included in Combined Civil Services Examination–II (Interview Posts) (Group-II Services) [Service Code No.004] Selection for the following posts is made in three successive stages (i) Preliminary Examination (ii) Main Written Examination and (iii) Oral Test Sl. No. 1) Name of the Post and Post Code Deputy Commercial Tax Officer (Post Code No: 1013) Sub Registrar, Grade-II (Post Code No: 1071) Name of the Service Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Subordinate Service Tamil Nadu Registration Subordinate Service Tamil Nadu Jail Subordinate Service Tamil Nadu Labour Subordinate Service No. of vacancies 66 2 (ST Carry Forward vacancies) 14 Scale of pay Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4800/- (PB2) Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4800/- (PB2) Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4800/- (PB2) Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4800/- (PB2)
Probation Officer in Prison Department (Post Code No:1023 ) Assistant Inspector of Labour 4) in the Labour Department (Post Code No: 1068) Junior Employment Officer (Non-Differently Abled) in Employment and Training 5) (Employment Wing) Department (Post Code No: 1017) Junior Employment Officer (Differently Abled) in Employment and Training 6) (Employment Wing) Department (Post Code No: 2203) Assistant Section Officer in Finance Department in 7) Secretariat (Post Code : 1074) Assistant Section Officer in 8) Law Department in Secretariat (Post Code No: 1073) Assistant Section Officer in 9) TNPSC (Post Code No: 2201) Special Assistant in the Vigilance and Anti corruption 10) Department (Post Code No: 2265) Assistant Inspector in Local 11) Fund Audit Department (Post Code No: 1069) 3)
2 Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service 1
Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4800/- (PB2)
Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4800/- (PB2)
8 Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4600/- (PB2) Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4600/- (PB2) Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4600/- (PB2) Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4400/- (PB2) Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4300/- (PB2)
Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service Tamil Nadu Local Fund Audit Subordinate Service
Audit Inspector in the Audit Wing of Hindu Religious and Tamil Nadu Charitable Endowments Ministerial Service Administration Department (Post Code No: 1029) Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives in the Tamil Nadu Industries Industries and Commerce Subordinate Service Department (Post Code No: 1022) Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in Milk Production and Dairy Development Department Tamil Nadu (Post Code No: 2268) Co-operative Senior Inspector of Subordinate Service Co-operative Societies in Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies (Post Code No: 1014) Supervisor / Junior Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Tamil Nadu Agricultural Agricultural Marketing Marketing / Agricultural Subordinate Service Business Department (Post Code No: 1087) Tamil Nadu Handloom Inspector in Handlooms and Handlooms and Textiles Textiles Subordinate Department Service (Post Code No: 1868) Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department in the following Districts (District-wise Number of vacancies / Post Code No.) Ariyalur – 10 (Post Code No:2120) Chennai – 3 (Post Code No:1033) Coimbatore – 8 (Post Code No:1034) Cuddalore – 7 (Post Code No:1035) Tamil Nadu Dharmapuri – 11 Ministerial Service (Post Code No:1036) Dindigul – 10 (Post Code No:1037) Erode – 6 (Post Code No:1038) Kanyakumari – 8 (Post Code No:1040) Karur – 9 (Post Code No:1041) Krishnagiri – 3 (Post Code No:2200) Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4300/- (PB2)
Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4300/- (PB2)
Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4300/- (PB2)
Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4200/- (PB2)
Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4200/- (PB2)
Rs.9300-34800+ Grade Pay Rs.4200/- (PB2)
Rs.5200-20200+ Grade Pay Rs.2800/-(PB1)
Madurai – 16 (Post Code No:1042) Nagapattinam –19 (Post Code No:1043) Namakkal – 7 (Post Code No: 1044) Perambalur – 4 (Post Code No: 1046) Pudukkottai – 5 (Post Code No:1047) Ramanathapuram - 6 (Post Code No: 1048) Salem - 35 (Post Code No:1049) Sivaganga – 13 (Post Code No: 1050) Thanjavur – 18 (Post Code No:1051) The Nilgiris – 19 (Post Code No: 1045) Thoothukudi –15 (Post Code No:1056) Tiruchirappalli - 10 (Post Code No:1057) Tirunelveli – 36 (Post Code No:1058) Tiruppur – 16 (Post Code No:2202) Tiruvallur – 8 (Post Code No:1053) Tiruvannamalai – 13 (Post Code No:1054) Tiruvarur – 4 (Post Code No:1055) Vellore - 32 (Post Code No:1059) Villupuram – 15 (Post Code No:1060) Virudhunagar – 4 (Post Code No:1061) Audit Assistant in the Accounts Branch of Highways Department (Post Code No: 1018)
Tamil Nadu General Subordinate service Total
Rs.5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs.2800/-(PB1)
Note:* The vacancies in respect of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department and Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies have been announced in this notification pending approval of the staff committee. Hence, the selection against these vacancies will be made only on approval of the staff committee.
2. IMPORTANT DATES:A B C D Date of Notification Last date for submission of applications Last date for payment of Fee through Bank or Post Office Date of Preliminary Examination 05.09.2013 04.10.2013 08.10.2013 01.12.2013 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
3. QUALIFICATIONS: (A) AGE (as on 01.07.2013) Maximum Age Limit “Others” [i.e Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs ] Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars), Scheduled Tribes, Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes, Backward Classes (Muslims) and Destitute Widows of all castes
Name of the Post
Minimum Age limit (For all)
2 3 4
For all posts (Except Sub-Registrar Grade – II, Probation Officer, Junior Employment Officer ( Differently Abled), and Deputy Commercial Tax Officer) Sub-Registrar Grade- II Probation Officer Junior Employment Officer (Differently Abled) Deputy Commercial Tax Officer
30 Years No Maximum age limit
20 Years 22 Years 18 Years 40 Years
Below 35 Years
(For the persons (For the persons holding a holding a degree degree in Law 37 Years) in Law 32 Years)
Note :(i) Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC (Arunthathiyars), STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs(Other than BCMs), BCMs (i.e. others) who have put in five years of service in the State/Central Government are not eligible to apply, even though they are within the age limit. (ii) The Technical and Non-Technical staff of TANSI who are facing retrenchment and have not been absorbed in the Government Corporations/Undertakings may also apply (evidence to be produced), if they satisfy all the prescribed qualifications except age. The relevant age rule will be relaxed by the Government in their favour, if they come up for selection. (Para 2 of Sl. No. 4 of ‘Instructions to the candidates’ will not apply to the post of Deputy Commercial Tax Officer.)
(B)(a) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent Qualification on the date of this Notification. Viz. 05.09 .2013. Sl. No. 1. Name of the Post Deputy Commercial Tax Officer Educational Qualification A degree of B.A., Preference
Probation Officer in Prison Department
Provided that other things being equal preference shall or be given firstly to the B.Sc., candidates who hold a degree both in Commerce or and Law together with a B.Com., of any University or Diploma in Taxation Law. institution recognized by the Secondly to those who hold UGC. degree in Commerce and Law. Thirdly to those who or hold a degree either in B.O.L., of Annamalai University commerce or Law together with a Diploma in Taxation or Law. Fourthly to those who B.B.A., of Madurai Kamaraj hold a degree in Commerce. University Fifthly to those who hold a degree in Law and Lastly to or those who hold a Diploma in B.Litt., of Madras University or Commerce. B.B.M., Provided further that other things being equal or preference shall be given to B.Litt., of Bharathiyar Released Emergency University. Commissioned Officer, Released Short service Regular Commissioned Officer / Other Ex-Servicemen in Selection for appointment as DCTO. A Bachelor’s degree of any Provided that other things university or Institution being equal preference shall recognised by the UGC for be given to persons who the purpose of its grant. possess a B.L. degree in addition to the qualification specified . A degree of Provided that other things B.A., being equal preference shall or be given to persons B.Sc., i) Who possess M.A., or degree in Criminology B. Com., or Sociology or a or degree in Sociology or B.O.L., of Annamalai Psychology University OR or Who holds a diploma B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar ii) in Sociology or University Psychology in or addition to a degree B.Litt., of Madras University in any subject other or than Sociology or B.B.M., Psychology or OR
Who has rendered Social Welfare Work for a period of not less than one year OR iv) Who possess a Diploma in Social Work awarded by the Madras School of Social Work Other things being equal A degree in preference shall be given to Arts candidates or (i)Who possess the M.A., Science or degree in Social Work. Commerce or or (ii)Who possess the diploma Engineering awarded by the Madras or School of Social Work. B.O.L., of Annamalai or University (iii)Who possess the M.A., or degree in Applied B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar Psychology of the Sagar University University. or or B.Lit., of Madras University (iv)Who has undergone the or diploma course of 2 years B.B.M., duration of the Institute for or Labour Welfare Workers, B. Litt., of Bharathiyar Bombay (or) The Xavier University Labour Relation Institute, Bihar. or (v)Who has undergone the diploma course of PSG school of Social Work, Coimbatore on Labour Specialisation or the Post Graduate Diploma Course in Social Services conducted by the Institute of Social Science, Loyola college, Madras under the direction of the Indian Institute of Social Order, Pune. or (vi)Who possess the Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) of the University of Baroda. or (vii)Who possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Administration awarded by the Tamil Nadu Institute of Labour Studies. or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University iii)
Assistant Inspector of Labour
(viii)Who possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management, Industrial Relations and Labour Welfare awarded by the Madras Productivity Council. or (ix)Who possess a P.G. Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations, conducted by the Madurai Institute of Social Work, Madurai. or (x)Who possess a M.A., Degree in work Education awarded by the University of Madras. or (xi)Who are Released Short Service, Regular Commissioned Officers or Emergency Commissioned Officers or Other Ex-Servicemen. 5. Junior Employment Officer (Non- DA) (Employment Wing) A degree in Arts or Science or Commerce or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B.Litt., of Bharathiyar University a) A degree in Arts or Science or Commerce or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or
Junior Employment Officer (DA) (Employment Wing)
B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Lit., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B.Litt., of Bharathiyar University (b) Differently Abled persons whose physical disability shall not be less than 40%. Differently Abled person who applies for appointment to the post of Junior Employment Officer-DA should produce at the time of certificate verification, a Medical Certificate obtained from a Medical Officer of the rank not lower than that of the Civil Assistant Surgeon showing the nature and degree of his Physical impairment. A Master’s Degree in Commerce or Economics or Statistics OR A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Economics or Statistics with a pass in the final examination of the ICWAI. B.L., Degree
Assistant Section Officer in Finance Department in Secretariat
Assistant Section Officer in Law Department in Secretariat Assistant Section Officer in TNPSC
(i) A Master’s Degree. or (ii) A Bachelor’s Degree and BGL Degree or (iii)A Bachelor’s Degree with first class in any one of the parts. Provided that in the case of a candidate belonging to
SC,SC(A),ST,MBC/DC, BC (Other than BCM) and BCM it shall be sufficient if he/she holds a Bachelor’s degree. Educational Qualification Any Degree and Technical Qualification Must have passed the Government Technical Examination in Typewriting both by Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and English
Special Assistant in the Directorate of Vigilance and Anticorruption Department
A degree of B.A., or B.Sc., or B. Com., or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University A degree of Audit Inspector in the B.A., Audit Wing of Hindu or Religious and B.Sc., Charitable or Endowments B. Com., Administration or Department B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University Note: Persons professing Hindu Religion alone are eligible to apply for this post.
Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department
13. Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives in the Industries and Commerce Department A degree of B.A., or B.Sc., or B. Com., or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University OR P.G. Diploma in Agricultural Economics and Co-operation awarded by the National Council for Rural Higher Education. Any Degree or A Diploma in Rural Services awarded by the National Council of Rural Higher Education. or A Diploma of Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
(a) Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in Milk Production and Dairy Development Department and (b) Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies
Other things being equal, preference shall be given to the candidates possessing such qualification and in such order as specified below:
M.A., Degree in Co-operation; or (ii) M.Com., Degree with Co-operation as one of the subject; or (iii) B.A., Degree in Co-operation; or (iv) Higher Diploma in Co-operative Management awarded by the Natesan Institute of Co-operative Management, Madras; or Institute of Co-operative Management, Madurai. Provided that other things being equal preference shall be given to persons who have passed the Government Technical Examinations in Bookkeeping by Higher / Senior Grade.
Supervisor / Junior Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing / Agricultural Business Department
Handloom Inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department
i) Degree in B.A., or B.Sc., or B.Com., of any University recognised by the University
Grants Commission OR ii) A diploma in Handloom Technology or Textile Technology or Textile processing or Man made Fibre Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training in Tamil Nadu
Revenue Assistant in the Revenue Department in the various Revenue Units.
A degree of B.A., or B.Sc., (Other than in a Professional Subject) or B.Com., of any University or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University Any degree Provided that other things being equal preference shall be given to persons who possess a degree in Commerce.
Audit Assistant in Accounts Branch of Highways Department.
Note: (1) The qualification prescribed for these posts should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies 10th + HSC + U.G. degree / 10th + Diploma (3 years) + U.G. degree / 11th (old SSLC) + 2 years Teacher Training + U.G degree / 10th + I.T.I (2 years) + U.G. degree / 10th + 3 year Diploma + 2 year Degree (Lateral Entry) (i.e., 10 +2 +3, 10+3+3,11+2+3, 10+2+3 and 10 +3+2) (2) Persons claiming equivalence of qualification should upload evidence for such claim when called for, failing which their application will be summarily rejected.
(For further details refer para-9 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’). (b) Knowledge of Tamil:Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification. (for details refer para 10 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’)
4. GENERAL INFORMATION:A. The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to each post /District Unit in respect of post of Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department separately. The Unit wise distribution
of vacancies will be announced later as per the rules in force. B. In G.O.Ms.No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in Direct Recruitment on preferential basis with persons studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply for this recruitment. (Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation). C. The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable to modification with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection for Oral Test . D. The selection for appointment to the above said posts is purely provisional subject to final orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed in Madras High Court and High Court of Madurai Bench. E. If no qualified and suitable women candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories. F. 10% of vacancies out of 30% of vacancies set apart for Women candidates in direct recruitment are reserved for Destitute Widows in respect of the posts for which the scale of pay does not exceed Rs. 5200-20200 + Grade Pay 2800/- (PB 1) G. 5% of vacancies shall be set apart for Ex-Servicemen in the posts which are classified under Group-‘C’(i.e.,) with the Grade Pay minimum of which Rs.1,400/- and above but below Rs.4,400/-. If no qualified and suitable Ex-Servicemen belonging to a particular category is available for selection for appointment against reserved turn, such turn shall be filled up by a candidate other than Ex-Servicemen but belonging to the particular communal category. H. 3% reservation for Differently Abled person is applicable for this recruitment except for the posts of Junior Employment Officer (Non-DA) and Assistant Inspector of Labour. If no suitable DA candidate belonging to the respective category to which it is earmarked is available for selection, it will be carried forward to next recruitment. I. CERTIFICATE OF PHYSICAL FITNESS Candidates selected for appointment to the following posts will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed against each of the posts. Sl. No. 1. Form of Certificate of Physical fitness Form prescribed for Standard of Vision Prescribed Standard - I
Name of the Post Probation Officer (Prison)
Deputy Commercial Tax Officer, Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies (in the Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies and Milk Production and Dairy Development Department) Junior Employment Officer (NonDA), Junior Employment Officer (DA) and Supervisor of Industrial Co-operative Societies Executive Posts
Standard –III or better.
Assistant Inspector of Labour
Standard –II or better. (Colour Blindness, Night Blindness will be a disqualification for the post.) Standard –III Form prescribed for posts other than Executive and Ministerial posts
Standard –III (Colour Blindness, Night Blindness will be a disqualification for the post.)
For all other posts
Form prescribed for posts in Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service and Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
Standard –III or better.
Candidates with defective vision should produce eye fitness certificate from qualified eye Specialist. J. The Differently Abled persons should produce a certificate of physical fitness from the Medical Board to the effect that his/her handicap will not render him/her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he/she has been selected, before appointment. K. Even after filling up of the posts reserved for SC (Arunthathiyars) on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se-merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars. L. Any claim relating to the selection (Not related to the Candidature or/and claim made in the application) should be received within 30 days from the date of announcement of results. Claims received thereafter will receive no attention. M. Applications containing wrong claims relating to category of reservation / age / educational qualification will be liable for rejection.
5. SCHEME OF THE PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION, MAIN WRITTEN EXAMINATION AND ORAL TEST :(A) PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION (OBJECTIVE TYPE) Subject Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) General Studies (Degree Standard) (75 items) Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (S.S.L.C. Std.) (25 items) + General Tamil / General English (S.S.L.C. Std.) (100 items) (Total - 200 items) Total Note:i. Two types of question papers will be set. One type of question paper will contain questions on General Studies (75 items), Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 items) and General English (100 items). The other will contain questions on General Studies (75 items), Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 items) and General Tamil (100 items). Candidates are given the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 items apart from answering the first (75+25)100 items on General Studies. ii. The questions on General Studies will be set both in English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil/ General English will be set in the respective languages. (B) MAIN WRITTEN EXAMINATION AND ORAL TEST :Subject Main Written Examination Part-A General Studies (Objective type) (Degree Standard) (125 items) + Part-B Essay (Descriptive Type) (Degree Standard) Interview and Records Total Note(i) The question paper will contain Part-A and Part-B as mentioned above and will be set both in Tamil and in English. (ii) The questions on Essay in Part-B will be as follows. a) Current issues at National level (One question has to be answered out of Two questions) b) Current issues at State level (One question has to be answered out of Two questions) Duration Maximum Marks Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection Duration Maximum Marks 150 + 150
+ 1Hour 50
(iii) In respect of questions on Essay in Descriptive type, candidates are allowed to answer the questions either wholly in Tamil or wholly in English. The Scheme of Examination and Syllabi for the Preliminary Examination and the Main Written Examination are available in the Commission’s Website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in’ 6. CENTRES FOR EXAMINATION:The Preliminary Examination will be held at the Centres mentioned in Annexure – I of this notification. The Main Written Examination will be held at following centres. Sl. No. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Note: (i) Candidates should choose and write the Examination at any one of the Centres. (ii) Candidates will be required to appear for the Written Examination / Oral Test / Certificate verification at their own expenses. (iii) Request for change of centre will not be compiled with. (iv) The Commission reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of Examination Centres and to re-allot the candidates. 7. FEE:a b For Preliminary Examination For Main Written Examination Rs.125/-(Examination Fee Rs. 75/- + Cost of Application Rs.50/- (Rupees One hundred and twenty five only) Rs.100/-(Rupees One hundred only) Name of the centre Chennai Chidambaram Coimbatore Madurai Salem Thanjavur Tiruchirappalli Tirunelveli Centre Code 0100 0302 0200 1000 1701 1901 2501 2601
Candidates claiming exemption from examination fee should pay only Rs.50/- towards Application fee. Candidates should also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank or Post Office or Fee Processing Agency Those who have registered in the One - Time Registration system, and paid the registration fee of Rs.50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the application fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration even if he applies for any other posts subsequently notified by the Commission. But those candidates shall pay examination fee, if applicable, on any other occasion. (For further details regarding the Examination fee concessions refer para 12 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates').
8. EXERCISING OF OPTION:Option regarding post preference from the candidates who are qualified in the main Written Examination will be obtained at the time of oral Test. 9. PROCEDURE OF SELECTION :The selection will be made in three successive stages viz., (i) Preliminary Examination for selection of candidates for admission to the Main Written Examination (ii) Main Written Examination and (iii) an Oral Test in the shape of an Interview. The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Written Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination will be 10 times the number of candidates to be recruited having regard to the rule of reservation of appointments. However, in each reservation group, all the candidates who secure the same marks as that of cut off marks of their reservation groups shall also be admitted to the Main Written Examination, though the number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination may exceed 1:10 ratio. (For further details refer paragraph 21 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’) 10. NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE :For details please refer to paragraph 15(g) of the ‘Instructions to the Candidates'. 11. CONCESSIONS:Concession in the matter of age, and/or fee allowed to SCs, SC (Arunthathiyar), STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs(other than BCMs), BCMs, DWs, Ex-Servicemen, Differently Abled persons, other categories of persons etc. are given in para 12 to 14 of the “Instructions to the candidates”. 12. HOW TO APPLY: • • Candidates should apply only through online in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or in www.tnpscexams.net. Before applying, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive as per their convenience. • A valid e-mail ID or Mobile Number is mandatory for registration and email ID should be kept active till the declaration of results. You are cautioned to keep your e-mail ID and pass word confidentially. TNPSC will send Hall Tickets (Memorandum of Admission) for Preliminary Examination, Main Written Examination, Interview Call Letters, Other Memos etc. to the registered / given e-mail ID only. • All the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied, Communal Category, Date of birth, Address, e-mail ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for applying online. Since certain fields are firm and fixed and cannot be edited, candidates are requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
• The candidates who wish to receive SMS should register their mobile number in the application. 1) Candidates are first required to log on to the TNPSC’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net. 2) Click “Apply Online” to open up the On-Line Application Form. 3) Select the name of the post or service for which you wish to apply. 4) If you already have Unique ID, please enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them, if necessary. 5) If you do not have valid ID, please enter all the required particulars without skipping any field. 6) Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature. An online application uploaded without the photograph and signature will be rejected. 12(B) Mode of Fee Payment:Select the mode of payment (Online Payment/Offline Payment). 12(C) Online Payment (Net Banking, Credit card/Debit card) :1) In case candidates who wish to pay fees through the online payment gateway, i.e. Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit card Payment, an additional page of the application form will be displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details to make payment. 2) After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge. 3) If the online transaction has been successfully completed a Registration Number and Password will be generated. Candidates should note their Application Number and Password for future reference in respect of the post applied for. 12(D) Offline Payment (Post Office or Indian Bank) :1) For offline mode of payment candidates have to select either Post Office or Indian Bank Branch. 2) Click “SUBMIT” to submit the Application form. 3) Candidates will be provided with Application Number and password. Please note down the Application Number and password. 4) On Submission, system will generate the payment Chalan which the candidates need to take print out and go to the nearest branch of Indian bank or the Designated Post Offices as the case may be, to make the payment.
12(A) Applying Online:-
5) Collect the candidate’s copy of the fee payment Chalan from the Branch. Please check that the Chalan is properly signed and the details of Transaction Number, Branch Name, DP Code Number and Deposit Date have been noted in the Chalan by the Branch authorities. 6) Online Application Registration will be taken as successful one, only if the payment is made either in the post office or in the Indian Bank within two working days from the date of registration/submission of application. 12(E) Print Option:1) After submitting the application, candidates can print /save their application in PDF format. 2) On entering Application Number and password, Candidates can download their application and print, if required. 3) Candidates need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents to the Commission. The certificates will be verified only when the candidates come up for next stage of selection. Note:
Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on-line much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee/ intimation charges to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the TNPSC’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam. TNPSC does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the TNPSC. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share/mention e-mail ID or Mobile Number to any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, they should create a new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account. There is a provision to modify the submitted Online Application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct their details in the Online Application if any till last date of submission. This modification facility will be available up to the last date for applying online for the particular post. After this date, no modification will be permitted. Candidates should take utmost care and caution while filling in the Online Application. Please note that no modification in fee payment details will be permitted for candidates who pay fees/ intimation charges through the online mode. Since certain fields are firm, fixed and cannot be edited, candidates are requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the On-Line Application format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify each and every particular filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his /her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature. Request for change/correction in any particulars in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances AFTER THE LAST DATE FOR Editing/ Updating application details specified. TNPSC will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application form. Commission is not responsible for the online payment failure.
Any clarification may be obtained from the Help Desk (No.1800 425 1002)
13. OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:a. Candidates should ensure their eligibility for examination: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying of the eligibility conditions. Mere issue of memo of admission to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been fully cleared by the Commission. How to apply: Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net Detailed instructions for filling up online application are given in Para 12 of this Notification. The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for downloading by candidates. No Hall Tickets will be sent by post. Grievance Redressal Cell for guidance of candidates: In case of any guidance / information / clarification of their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office in person or over Telephone No. 044 - 25300300 or the Commission’s Office Toll-Free No. 1800 425 1002 on all working days between 10.00 a.m. and 05.45 p.m. Mobile Phones and other Articles Banned:(i) Candidates are not allowed to bring Pager, Cellular Phone, Calculator, Memory Notes and books etc. or any other Electronic device or Recording Device either as separate piece or part of something used by the candidate such as Watch or Ring. If they are found to be in possession of any such thing or instrument they will not be allowed to write the examination further, besides invalidation of answer paper and / or debarment. If it is considered necessary they will be subjected for a physical search including frisking on the spot. Do not bring into the Examination Hall any article such as books, notes, loose sheets mathematical and drawing instruments, Log Tables, stencils of maps, slide rules, Text Books, rough sheets etc. except the permitted writing material i.e. pen. No colour pen or pencil must be used. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including Mobile Phones / Pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured.
Candidates are not required to submit along with their application any certificates in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Experience, Community Certificates and certificates regarding their Physical Disability, etc., They should be submitted when called for by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Preliminary Examination, Main Written Examination and Oral Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Main written Examination and Oral Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility
20 conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
g. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission. Unfair means strictly prohibited: No candidate shall copy from the papers of any other candidate nor permit his papers to be copied nor give nor attempt to give nor obtain nor attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description. Conduct in Examination Hall: No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create a disorderly scene in the Examination Hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of the examination. Any such misconduct will be severely viewed & penalised.
The Online Application can be filled upto 04.10.2013 till 11.59 p.m., after which the link will be disabled
(For any additional information the candidates may refer Commission’s ‘Instructions to the candidates’ at the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in )
ANNEXURE-I DISTRICT Ariyalur CENTRE Ariyalur Annanagar Egmore Perambur Vadapalani Chennai Tiruvottriyur Mylapore Saidapet Tiruvanmiyur Velachery Coimbatore North Coimbatore Coimbatore South Pollachi Cuddalore Chidamparam Cuddalore Neyveli Viruddhachalam Dharmapuri Dharmapuri Harur Dindigul Dindigul Palani Erode Erode Bhavani Gobichettipalayam Kancheepuram Kanchipuram Chengalpattu Tambaram Nagarcoil Kanyakumari Kanyakumari Kulithurai Thakalai Karur Karur CODE NO. 3001 0101 0105 0109 0112 0123 0142 0143 0145 0146 0201 0202 0204 0301 0302 0305 0308 0401 0402 0501 0507 0601 0602 0603 0701 0703 0708 0801 0802 0803 0804 0901
Krishnagiri Krishnagiri Denkanikottai Hosur Madurai North Madurai South Madurai Melur Thirumangalam Usilampatti Nagapattinam Nagapattinam Mayiladurthurai Sirkali Namakkal Namakkal Rasipuram Thiruchengodu Udhagamandalam The Niligirs Coonoor Gudalur Perambalur Pudukkottai Perambalur Pudukkottai Aranthangi Ramanathapuram Ramanathapuram Paramakudi Rameswaram Salem Attur Salem Mettur Omalur Sangagiri Sivaganga Sivaganga Devakottai Karaikkudi Thanjavur Thanjavur Kumbakonam Pattukkottai Theni Theni Periyakulam Uthamapalayam 3101 3102 3103 1001 1002 1003 1005 1006 1101 1104 1105 1201 1203 1204 1301 1302 1303 1401 1501 1503 1601 1605 1606 1701 1702 1705 1706 1707 1801 1802 1804 1901 1902 1905 2001 2004 2005
Thiruvallur Avadi Pattabiram Thiruvallur Ponneri Poonamallee Tiruttani Thiruvannamalai Thiruvannamalai Arani Cheyyar Polur Thiruvarur Thiruvarur Mannargudi Thiruthuraipoondi Thoothukkudi Kovilpatti Thoothukkudi Srivaikundam Tiruchendur Tiruchirappalli Manapparai Tiruchirappalli Musiri Thuraiyur Tirunelveli Ambasamudram Palayamkottai Tirunelveli Sankarankoil Tenkasi Valliyur Tiruppur Tiruppur Dharapuram Udumalaipettai Vellore Arakonam Arcot Vellore Gudiyatham Tiruppattur Vaniyambadi Walajah 2101 2103 2107 2108 2109 2110 2201 2202 2204 2205 2301 2303 2306 2401 2403 2406 2407 2501 2504 2505 2509 2601 2603 2605 2607 2610 2611 3201 3203 3207 2701 2703 2704 2705 2707 2708 2709
Vilupuram Vilupuram Kallakkurichi Tindivanam Virudhunagar Aruppukkottai Virudhunagar Rajapalayam Sivakasi Srivilliputhur 2801 2803 2805 2901 2902 2904 2906 2907