Computers and Technology
Submitted By myrabel
FACEBOOK’S VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT
“People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.”
“Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.”
1. Focus on impact: “If we want to have the biggest impact, the best way to do this is to make sure we always focus on solving the most important problems.”
2. Move fast: “We have a saying: ‘Move fast and break things.’ The idea is that if you never break anything, you’re probably not moving fast enough.”
3.Be bold: “We encourage everyone to make bold decisions, even if that means being wrong some of the time.”
4. Be open: “We believe that a more open world is a better world because people with more information can make better decisions and have a greater impact.”
5. Build social value: “We expect everyone at Facebook to focus every day on how to build real value for the world in everything they do.”
1. Bring Internet Access to the Other Two-Thirds of the World
2. Make Facebook THE Killer Mobile App
3. Acquire Mobile Platforms (and Emerging Ones) that Increase Short Term / Long Term Competitive Advantages
4. Give New Innovations Time to Develop (even if patience contradicts The Hacker Way)
5. Prove Digital Marketing Results in Positive ROI
EFFECTIVE ELEMENTS: -Focused
-Makes good business sense
SHORTCOMINGS: -Not forward-looking
This facebook’s vision already focused on the customer, they want to make the customers can connected and communicate with people,know something new and share what matters to them. Makes good business sense because the directional path should be in the long-term interests of stakeholder.Feasible because the company can pursue and accomplish, the company should able to demonstrate measurable progress in achieving the vision. But facebook’s vision is not forward-looking because they only about what a company does now, it’s not about “where we are going.”. Their vision statement clearly indicates that Facebook can be so much more than just a website.
Facebook’s mission only includes company’s customers and markets, it’s a a customer-oriented mission. The statement is inspiring but too short and doesn’t address any stakeholders except the customers. Facebook’s mission statement is focused on empowering the user by providing the technology to connect with others. All Facebook can do is provide the tools to network through their website, each individual user creates their own Facebook experience.
Distance means nothing, we are connecting people all around the world and make the world more open.
VISION, MISSION, VALUES & OBJECTIVES
YOLLA ZEFANIA TANOTO (F14418007)