Test Ban Hrm Ch01
Business and Management
Submitted By ali083783
Managing Human Resources
True / False Questions
1. Managers and economists traditionally have seen human resource management as a source of value to their organizations.
2. The concept of "human resource management" implies that employees are interchangeable, easily replaced assets that must be managed like any other physical asset.
3. Human resources cannot be imitated.
4. No two human resource departments will have precisely the same roles and responsibilities.
5. Today, greater concern for innovation and quality has shifted the trend in job design to an increased use of narrowly defined jobs.
6. An organization makes selection decisions in order to add employees to its workforce, as well as to transfer existing employees to new positions.
7. In the context of performance management, when the person evaluating performance is not familiar with the details of the job, outcomes tend to be easier to evaluate than specific behaviors.
8. The pay and benefits that employees earn play an important role in motivating them, except when rewards such as bonuses are linked to the individual's or group's achievements.
9. Maintaining positive employee relations includes preparing and distributing employee handbooks that detail company policies and, in large organizations, company publications such as a monthly newsletter or a Web site on the organization's intranet.
10. Establishing and administering personnel policies allows the company to handle problematic situations more fairly and objectively than if it addressed such incidents on a case-by-case basis.
11. Currently, no federal laws outline how to use employee...