Business and Management
Submitted By chaowei95
UAMP1004 PUBLIC RELATIONS
Tutorial 2: Introduction
1. Public Relations is the art and science of analyzing trends, predicting their consequences, counseling organization leaders, and implementing planned programs of action which will serve both the organization’s and public interest – Mexican Statement 1978.
Explain the meaning of this statement and give your views about serving both the organization’s and the public interest.
2. Explain the differences between public relations and marketing.
3. Due to the recent economic downturn, your management has decided to merge advertising, marketing and public relations departments. Your CEO has approached and asked you to explain to your subordinates the reasons behind integrating these departments. What would be your argument to defend the decision of the management?
Give your opinion.
Tutorial 3: Kempen Tandas Bersih
Mid Term Test (May 2010)
In South Korea, the public toilet has become a tourist attraction; in Malaysia, public toilets are tourist attractions, too – for the wrong reason.
1. Looking at the cartoon above, suggest the negative impact of dirty public toilet in Malaysia.
2. Instead of using TV1 and TV2 to promote a campaign, what other electronic communication channels would be more suitable and why?
3. Suggest the possible ‘source’ of this campaign.
4. Suggest two possible ‘noise’ in this campaign.
5. Why is evaluation important in a campaign?
6. Why is research important in a campaign?
Tutorial 4 (PR Publics)
1. Why do public relations practitioners try to identify opinion leaders and decision makers for each public?
2. Why is it important to identify a public’s stake or interest in an issue of importance to a practitioner’s organization? Give an example of a stakeholder who is important to an organization. 3. Who are some of the traditional...