, blockbuster faced competitors such as Netflix and Movie Gallery
- Competition from Netflix is the reason they dropped the “no late fee”, the shift led to $400 million loss revenue for Blockbuster.
- Netflix increased sales with $320 million in late 2008, and followed by $394 million during first quarter of 09.
-Continued growth of Netflix, Redbox, video on demand, digital downloads, etc. Show that DVDs are on the decline.
- Blockbuster lost 36.9 million in second quarter of 2009.
- Blockbuster closed 960 unprofitable stores, expanded access to standalone Blockbuster kiosks
- They also offer movie rentals on Motorola phones, live stream on Samsung TVs
- They find themselves reacting rather than being proactive.
Words: 339 - Pages: 2