Business and Management
Submitted By NazihKhalil
organization strategy and project selection
1. The Strategic Management Process: An Overview A. Four Activities of the Strategic Management Process B. Scenario Planning: A Supplement to Traditional
2. The Need for an Effective Project Portfolio Management System A. Problem 1: The Implementation Gap B. Problem 2: Organizational Politics C. Problem 3: Resource Conflicts and Multitasking
3. A Portfolio Management System A. Classification of the Project B. Nonfinancial Criteria
4. Applying a Selection Model A. Sources and Solicitation of Project Proposals B. Ranking Proposals and Selection of Projects
5. Managing the Portfolio System A. Balancing the Portfolio for Risks and Types of Projects
7. Key Terms
8. Review Questions
10. Case: Hector Gaming Company
11. Case: Film Prioritization
12. Appendix 2.1: Request for Proposal (RFP) 2.2 Contractor Evaluation Template
• To identify the significant role projects contribute to the strategic direction of the organization • To stress the importance of establishing project priorities and top management support • To describe the linkages of strategies and projects • To write a set of hierarchical objectives for an organization • To describe a scheme for prioritizing projects that ensures top management involvement and minimizes conflicts • To apply an objective priority system to project selection. • To recognize that today’s world may require a shorter range strategic plan and scenario planning is necessary.
1. Describe the major components of the strategic management process.
The strategic management process involves assessing what we are, what we want to become, and how we are going to get there. The major generic components of the...